Established in 1991, the Garda Holiday and Travel Club provides holidays and travel arrangements at the keenest possible prices for its members.
Operating from the 6th floor, Phibsboro Tower, Dublin 7, the club is a non-profit, fully licenced and bonded travel agency and tour operator.
The Garda Holiday and Travel Club offers it’s members:–
- 10% discount on all package holidays.( Winter, Summer, Ski,Camping, Longhaul Packages and Cruising)
- Up to 10% discount on Worldwide Car Hire
- Multi-trip, comprehensive travel insurance
- Discounted Sport Packages ( Soccer, Rugby, Horse Racing, Golf and more)
- Dedicated Irish Breaks and European City Breaks
- Internet Fares with NO admin fees
- Discounted ticket prices for Westend Shows, Broadway and Theme Park Tickets
- Honeymoons and that special Retirement Holiday
- Group Holidays and Escorted Tours
The Garda Holiday and Travel Club was the brainchild of former Sergeant Fergus B McGuinness, the first Club Chairman. The objectives of the club were to provide its members with holidays and travel at the keenest prices.
The Club opened for business for the first time on the 7th January 1991, operating from an office in the Garda Social Club, Harrington Street. It proved to be such a success that we soon found ourselves having to upgrade to our current offices.
Like many other clubs, the Garda Holiday and Travel Club didn’t escape the winds of recession. But following a period of re-organisation, we have now once again started to grow and increase membership. Increasingly, both serving and retired Gardai, along with their families, have discovered that our discounts and comprehensive annual travel insurance represent true value in today’s price conscious world.
Membership (including insurance) costs €4.39 per week for serving members and €13.06 per month for retired members.
For further details call us on (01) 8822500, email firstname.lastname@example.org or join online via the ‘Join’ page.
The operation of the Garda Holiday and Travel Club is overseen by a board of Directors. Our current directors are:
Chairman: Martin Connolly
Secretary: Tim Bowe
Treasurer: Jerry Twomey
Vice Chairman: Willie Stratford
Garda Holiday and Travel Club is staffed by a team of dedicated travel professionals. Our staff line-up is:
Financial Controller: Yvonne Maher
Administration: Brenda Keane
Reservations staff –
Travel Agency Licence No: TA 0354, Tour Operator Licence No: TO 139